1. The Budget grants for 2019-20 for Railways in Odisha are almost the same as given in the
2. Detailed figures are being calculated, but like last time it is expected that the total grant will be
in the region of 5800 to 6000 crores, including allocations for various projects, passenger amenities, track renewal and repairs, Road Over Bridges, Road Under Bridges, electrification and staff amenities, etc.
3. Passenger amenities have got an allocation of 180 Crores, which is very high.
4. 5 new surveys announced.
5. 2 Automatic Coach washing plants have been sanctioned for Bhubaneswar Coaching Depot.
6. Special Powers given to Zonal Railways to develop Coach Maintenance facilities.
7. Stress laid on Road Over Bridges and Road Under Bridges and elimination of Level Crossings.
8. The allotments for major projects are given at Annexure.
9. Some new works have been added in this regular budget. They are
a. Flyover at Baghuapal.
b. Grant for maintenance of coaches.
c. Passenger Amenities- 180 Crores Total
d. 2 Automatic Coach Washing plants at Bhubaneswar.
e. New Wheel Lathe for Mancheswar Workshop and for Angul Electric Loco Shed and also for Bondamunda.
10. Some new Surveys have been announced in this regular budget. They are
a. Raja Athagarh to Kaipadar Road avoiding Bhubaneswar and Khurda Road.
b. 10 Flyovers : Titlagarh, Singapur Road, Haridaspur, Koraput, Sambalpur, Machhapur, Jajpur Road, Sambalpur City, Sarla and Gopalpur Port.
c. Chord Line from Talcher to Angul through colliery to avoid engine reversal at Talcher-14 Kms
d. Bye-Pass : Byepassing from Titlagarh-Rahenbata to Sikir
e. Flyover at Cuttack for Goods Train to avoid congestion at Cuttack.
Funds allocated for important Railway Projects in Odisha Sl
Name of the Projects Budget Grant(Rupees in Crores) 2019-20 (Final Grant)
1 Angul-Sukinda Road (98.7 km) New line-250.00
2 Haridaspur-Paradeep (82km)New line-400.00
3 Khurda Road-Bolangir (289 km) New line-350.00
4 Talcher-Bimlagarh (154 km) New line-150.00
5 Jeypore-Malkangiri (130 KM)-70.00
6 Jeypore-Nabarangpur(38Km.) – 10.00
7 Naupada–Gunupur-New Broad gauge line –0.10
8 Talcher-Angul -New line with Yconnection at Talcher (14.475 km) – 0.10
9 Estimated investment through EBR (Partnership) (for Jharsuguda-barapali- 1400.00
10 Jharsuguda-Rengali (25.6 km) Doubling-02.05
11 Khurda-Barang-3rd line (35 km) Doubling-08.00
12 Sambalpur-Talcher (174.11 km) Doubling-249.00
13 Delang-Puri (28.7 km) Doubling –0.20
14 Sambalpur-Titilagarh (182.11 km) Doubling –170.00
15 Banspani-Daitari-Tomka-Jakhapura (180 km)- 85.00
16Brundamal-Jharsuguda-Fly over connection for joining down line (6.6 km) – 06.00
17 Rajathgarh-Baranga (20 km) Doubling- 02.00
18 Bhadrak-Nergundi-3rd line (80 km) – 86.00
19 VZM-SBP 3rd Line – 350.00
20 Jharapada-Budapank (3rd and 4th Line)-119.87
21 Budapank-Salegaon (3rd and 4th Line) – 210.00
22 Koraput-Singapore Road –05.00
23 KUR-VZM by pass – 07.05
Workshop & Other important works
24 Angul Electric Loco Shed-Augmentation of Holding Capacity from 100 Engines to 150- 04.50
25 Maneswar: Freight Train Maintenance facility- 04.50
26 Kalahandi Setting up of Electric Engine Overhauling workshop –1.00